So, this little report is going to do a bunch of things, as I gear up for another fun time at Anime Expo for 2022.
I am also practicing a new way to submit my reports, so I can work out any kinks before I go, rather than relying on the kindness of strangers (and, boy howdy, they don’t get no stranger than at AX!) and lying in a pool of my own flop sweat, right?(more…)
Due to the Anime Expo 2013, the anime world has been abuzz with excitement. One question that’s been on everyone’s lips is “Will Pacific Rim be a hit?” Most arguments in the negative, claim that Hollywood doesn’t know how to do a good ‘Mecha’ show. While it’s true that the giant fighting robot concept was initially Japanese, Hollywood has been known to put its own spin on things and improve upon them. Yea we have some flops every now and again but hey, no one’s perfect. Personally, I think that there is ALOT of potential in a high budget mecha movie and am anxiously looking forward to its release.
With that said, I was given the opportunity to award a prize (see image above) to one lucky winner. To participate, all you have to do is leave a comment saying what you think about the upcoming Pacific Rim movie. On Friday afternoon at 12 (12.07.2013), one of you will be selected with random.org’s ‘True Random Number Generator’ and contacted via the email used to post your comment.
(Note. if no reply is received by midnight then another winner will be chosen)
Hiya all! Just so you know right away this isn’t a review, tis a rant on internal affairs and whatnot so if you’re really not interested in that, I would suggest reading instead Droid’s Desert Punk Review. Okay, so I’ve been brainstorming alot recently about what to do now that my life has been swamped with… stuff, which unfortunately leaves me only time to eat and KO on my bed. And I have come up with a brilliant solution (inspired by this weeks episode of Bakuman [season 3 ep 5]). To put it simply, ‘blog more efficiently’.
Okay that was a bit vague so ill explain in more detail. Normally when writing and maintaining stuff I would set aside an hour or two and sit, boot up my pc, compose myself, think of all the awesome stuff I saw or thought about this week. Choose one which I think will be interesting, try to remember how my thought pattern was at the time and as soon as the wave hits me, start writing as it comes to mind. The downside to this is that I need at least an hour of uninterrupted time to get something that doesn’t look completely horrible and lately that hour has been hard to come by.
The solution I came up with was this, I recently got myself a new phone (Samsung Galaxy Note II) and thought heyy!!! With all the time I spend during the day either on a bus, or waiting for one thing or the other, I could totally blog! So as of today I shall be changing the internal workings’ to accommodate that. The process will be as follows:
In the goal of being more mobile friendly those visiting from phones will see a nice clean mobile friendly layout :). (of course those using pc’s will see the usual site)
Revamped, mobile friendly admin [This is mostly for me as only my awesome authors and I have backend access.]
Will also do that much needed maintenance on InfinityAnime I’ve been putting off for ages. Will rewrite the entire site in python if I have to (damn spammers made me have to close down registration and whatnot).
While I am doing all this I will definitely not leave you all empty handed so every Monday Wednesday and Friday I shall be posting one of the many posts from The Droid (awesome writer) I have stashed in a folder somewhere. On Sundays I shall be writing about the progress done. And possibly at random intervals during the week if I’m not swamped with this blog’s spr.. autumn cleaning I shall write a post or two.
So yea, that’s the plan. If you read all that then… *references pic below*
Five Questions for the Aniblogger Interrogation Game! Super late in the game but I hadn’t even noticed this post until I read Façade’s article. I was tagged so here it goes.
1. What is it that led you to become an aniblogger? I’m already a creative writing major and a huge anime fan so it seemed like common sense to smash the two together. Also, as I continued watching anime/reading manga I realized I had a lot of strong opinions (former debate team member lol) and wanted to share them. Thus, my blog.
2. How many times can you recall where an anime or anime scene made you think “WTF”? Um, this question could be an entire blog of its own. There are so many WTF anime moments. It’s sort of a…culture shock thing I guess. Off the top of my head? The first scene in Elfen Lied. I had no idea what that show was about and was not warned in advance. Also, in Elfen Lied where they paired off the cousins. That was my first introduction to incest in anime…which I would later learn there is a lot of.
Yeah, this is so totally me…
3. If you could be an anime/manga character, who would it be? Ah, that’s a tough one! Kallen from Code Geass is awesome and her life is pretty exciting. I also want to say Tohru Honda (without the tragic my mother died occurrence) because she spends all day surrounded by pretty boys who like her ;). Then again, I’d like to be Princess Euphemia (without the part where *spoiler* I go on a killing spree and then die myself) because I am in love with Suzaku and her clothes are pretty. There are so many awesome female characters but so many tragic stories. Lol. Do I have to pick just one? If I had to I’d say a female Pokemon Trainer. Who can’t say their dream is to have a Pokemon journey?
4. Which means of viewing do you prefer, subbed anime or dubbed anime or do you speak Japanese? I so wish I could speak Japanese and watch the original anime! But I only know really basic phrases. I like both, but prefer dubs (gasp!). Because watching subs makes me feel left out of the loop, like I’m in on the program but not really there. Also when I have to stare at the captions the entire time I can’t focus on what’s going on. But honestly, I’ve watched and enjoyed both.
5. Finally, which anime/manga do you consider to be worth someone’s time? I’m going to completely bypass Code Geass and Death Note so that I don’t sound like a broken record and go ahead and say Yosuga no Sora (which is what I plan to blog about next). It’s a really beautiful, controversial story about siblings who fall in love. It seems trashy from just reading summaries and reviews but if you actually watch the show I don’t think it disappoints. As for manga I’d say Neon Genesis Evangelion. It’s better than the anime. Since the game was considered closed I won’t tag or write up new questions.
By some miracle I woke up early today and thus have some time to write my response. But as the date has passed I won’t be tagging anyone else. For those who have no idea what i’m talking about you can check out Cely’s original post here. Now the answers to the 5 questions.
1. What is it that lead you to become an aniblogger? Thats an easy one, It was summer and I reeeeeally wanted something to do besides watch anime all day and sleep. So I decided to create a blog. And what better thing to blog about than my obsession?
2. How many times can you recall where an anime or anime scene made you think “WTF”? Hmmmmm, Currently I can only think of two instances. That would be at the ending of school days where those two crazy, gruesome murders happen and then seeing the girl at the end with Makoto’s head on the boat. The second would be Junjou Romantica, while it wasn’t as WTFesque as the first instance somehow I thought the show would simply be a romance anime but halfway through episode one I noticed….. OMG!! This is… this is… (go watch it to find out :P)… After pouring concentrated Hydrochloric acid on my eyes to get the image out I instantly dropped the show and live my life now forever scarred.
3. If you could be an anime/manga character, who would it be? Gin from Mushishi, somehow I can relate to him. Always by himself, travelling around helping others and the ability to see and resolve what other’s cannot. While at some point during the show you stop and think that he must live a very lonely life, I still found it captivating somehow.
As usual, this was the summer of comic book films. We had The Avengers, which only increased my ever lasting love for Joss Whedon, The Dark Knight Rises, and The Amazing Spider-Man which blew the original films away with it’s darker tone and the absence of a certain redhead. I’ve been a longtime fan of comic book movies, but I’m new to anime/manga.
Being a die-hard reader I find manga extremely enjoyable. As a reader who usually reads thick fantasy books with small fonts, I can especially appreciate the fact that I can get through a fast paced manga volume within an hour. Another bonus, manga often fills me in with a lot of story that the anime series had carelessly glossed over. Comic book movies gloss over certain aspects of the original stories as well, but this is much more necessary since the comics go on for forever. More on that later.
Readers have heard this question before: Are comic books or manga more enjoyable? Personally, I like manga better and there’s really no contest here…And yes, manga, like anime, plural is just “manga” not “mangas”. Hey! I knew being an English major would come in handy. 😉
Back in the day when I saw the first two X-men movies, belonging to my all time favorite comic book film series, I decided to start trying to get into the comics. I had to get my fix somehow, right? X-men 3 was only just about to be released at the time so I was out of films until then. Let’s start with the original X-men series…you know what, I won’t even talk about it. Just have a look here. (more…)
New to both anime and the blogging world, but not to writing, I decided to start things off I will make an “about me” blog just to introduce myself to everyone.
I love any form of entertainment in the fantasy genre. This includes books, movies, television, anime, comic books, manga, and writing. Also includes urban fantasy, epic fantasy, science fiction…well, you get the idea.r.
Favorite anime: Code Geass and its sequel, R2. Death Note is a very close runner up.
For me anime is a new hype but I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. Why? A few good reasons: A) Anime is famous for having an over abundance of science fiction/fantasy shows so I’ll never have a deficit. B) Beautiful artwork. C) Most series are short, only about 25 episodes, so they usually move very fast. Also, there’s not a lot of room for withdrawal when there’s usually a manga series, movies, side stories, and loads of other additions to the main series.
For those who were redirected here from the AniBlog Tourney, Welcome!! I know you’ve been though over 60 blogs throughout the last week so i’ll make this short. We are a relatively new blog (approx 8 months old) and mainly focus on General Reviews with the occasional Rant every once in a while. As I prefer you look around and read whatever catches your attention I won’t recommend here any specific posts.
We do recommend though (especially to other bloggers and after voting of course) that you check out InfinityAnime.com, an Anime Community created by Façade for Bloggers and followers alike. I hope you enjoy your stay with us at AniRecs Anime Blog and don’t forget to Subscribe and Vote «Subliminal Message: FOR US!».
Hiya there! So the spring season has started and I must say that there are quite a few shows that caught my attention. Zetman for instance 🙂 I love how we have an initial episode giving us some background then in episode 2 we jump 5 years straight into the action. Accel World too, although it slightly reminds me of [C]: The money of soul and possibility Control. I have pretty high hopes for these two shows :).
I also plan on following Fate/Zero part 2 (I have seen all the previous seasons so I might as well right?) as well as Jormungand and maybe something light for the mornings such as Tsuritama or Haiyore! Nyaruko-san or Queen’s Blade Rebellion.. or Upottle or Sengoku Collection or…. Sigh, okay maybe I don’t exactly have it all worked out. Why are there so many anime this season!! Quite a few of them look good too!! Anime Overload!! ….. *reboots brain*
Okay, so i’m sure you’re wondering out of all of these which will I be reviewing as they progress, well the funny thing is I won’t be reviewing any.
Yea you heard right, I won’t be reviewing any. Instead I will be going back to my roots and will instead be doing general reviews and rants about relatively older.. completed anime. Reason being that (more…)
Ever so many times in the past I have been asked ‘What do you do when you’re not watching anime?’ and I suppose I could always reply with the very obvious ‘well blogging of course!’. Truth be told, while a lot of my free time goes into blogging I do have school, my other half and other miscellaneous hobbies. Now as the first two are private and shall forever remain a mystery I shall be giving some insight on my other hobbies (yay >.<!!).
SLEEP! – I’m not sure if this can exactly be considered a hobby but it seems recently I’ve been doing it so much I might as well put it in.
Gaming – Sad to say I haven’t exactly had much time for this one recently (sacrifice sleep time? Nevuh!). As I prefer the community feel of MMORPG’S my game of choice would be Cabal Online but I should also mention at a certain point it sucked up so much of my time (and some money) I might as well have switched to Party Casino (at least there I would have the chance of winning!)
Information Security – Some call it hacking, others call it penetration testing but whatever the name it involves compromising a vulnerable system which actually is as thrilling as it sounds minus well, what you see on tv (it’s nowhere near as quick and easy as they make it seem.. well most times anyways). Ah yes, I believe it is also worth mentioning that I only work on the ethical side of the spectrum and have had my certification for about 3 years now (so there’s some experience under my belt). (more…)